Job Title: Inventor Relations Coordinator
Location: Remote (US based)
Salary: $50,000+ bonus DOE
Apply Via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 2018, TinkerTini is the first and only Inventor Relations Agency! We create, launch, scale and manage “Open Innovation Outreach Programs” from inventor concept to contractual sample for Toy & Game Companies, Retailers and Licensors. We work on behalf of our clients to identify and license high-innovation inventor concepts that build brands, drive incremental revenue and support our client’s growth strategies. With 28+ years of professional Inventor Relations experience on the TinkerTeam, we deliver a truly global outreach with unmatched priority, efficiency and results for our clients and inventors. With 22 inventor concepts already sold into mass retail and 29 (and still counting) inventor concepts slated for 2023 and 2024 release, the Tinkers are well on our way to shaking things up!
What You’ll Do
As an Inventor Relations Coordinator you’ll report to and work closely with TinkerTini’s Owner & GM in a critical liaison role to prepare Concept Reviews and assist with managing inventor concepts through review, co-development and contract execution on our Tinkerly Innovation Platform. You’ll be responsible to keep inventors and clients updated on their concepts including the tracking of physical assets/models. You’ll also prepare regular reporting for the Owner & GM’s outreach performance oversight and management.
• Inventor Relations administrative support.
• Prepare and Batch CRs for client meetings.
• Attend CRs to capture notes & close out meetings.
• Track and update concepts as they progress through the review process (adding updates, tracking physical assets, ensuring next steps are happening on a timely basis).
• Send weekly recaps to clients prior to CR to prompt input and focus our shared time.
• Attend bi-weekly developer calls and give regular input on Tinkerly to guide enhancements and upgrades that best support inventors and clients.
• Attend weekly TinkerTeam meetings.
• Assist with planning sweeps, inventor events, showroom tours and inventor pitch meeting.
• Manage and maintain master calendar and all “sweeps”/industry event activity.
• Attend industry and client events as needed.
• Assist with creating client wishlists in PowerPoint and video updates.
• Organize and manage TinkerPinterest account to gather category and product insights.
• Run concept and feature public domain searches as needed.
What You’ll Bring
• Some Toy Industry experience AND PASSION for product, trends and fun is a must!
• Attention to detail and process oriented.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Attention to detail and capturing comprehensive notes.
• Ability to navigate and learn digital platforms.
• Basic understanding of legal process, inventor contracts, patents and milestones in the inventor concept management process.
• Ability to demonstrate and apply creative thinking to new ideas and opportunities that “connect the dots”.
• Commitment to support and assist clients and inventors with the highest level of integrity.
• Sound problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
• Ability to drive projects to completion on time and on budget.
• Adaptable and flexible working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with dynamic creative personalities.
• Proactive and ability to see and make recommendations for procedural and workflow efficiencies.
• Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Tinkerly, HelloSign, PowerPoint, iMovie, MS Office
What TinkerTini Offers
In this unique role you’ll experience all the excitement of a start-up with a clear path to learn and create a meaningful career helping independent creatives and entrepreneurs connect with real business opportunities. This role has a vision and track for growth to lead accounts and contribute to “equal access” inventor initiatives and design entrepreneurship education programs with Global Universities. Our team is truly one-of-a-kind with limitless learning and growth opportunities that are grounded in meaningful and responsible work that benefit many. Come join our special TinkerTeam and be an ambassador, thought leader and change agent in our industry and inventing!